Last Updated August 14, 2014
Information We Collect
While you are visiting the Site, we may collect and store information about you: information you voluntarily provide to us, and information collected through automatic data collection technologies.
Personal information is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, or credit or debit card information, and includes personal information you voluntarily provide to us. You may choose to provide personal information through the Site or to us via other methods, such as in email communications or offline activities and communications (including product registration and social media communications).
In certain situations, you may be required to enter personal information. When doing so, you must complete certain fields. In these situations, you can choose to withhold personal information from us, though the failure to provide personal information may prevent you from purchasing products through the Site, registering with the Site, receiving a newsletter, participating in special promotional or other programs, or taking advantage of all of the Site’s features. In order to participate in these opportunities, you will be required to provide certain personal information. In addition, we may retain records of any messages that you may send to us through the Site, by email, by communication with us through social media sites, or by posting on the Site.
We may use the personal information collected about you for the following purposes:
• Fulfill any purchases you placed with us;
• Create, administer and communicate with you about your account, including any purchases and payments;
• Provide, administer and communicate with you about our products and services;
• Process and respond to your requests and inquiries;
• Verify your identity to ensure security for the other purposes listed here; and
• Send you informational and promotional content that you may choose (or “opt in”) to receive (you can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email).
Information Collected Automatically
While you can access and browse the Site without disclosing any personal information, you do automatically disclose certain information about your interaction with the Site, such as the website you came from, the time and date of access, webpages most frequently accessed by you, time spent on a webpage or area of the Site, the number of visits to the Site by you, type of browser/device/hardware used by you, Internet protocol address, cookie preferences, or search terms entered by you. Such information is used in a collective manner, and no one person can be identified by that compiled information. It helps us to manage and improve the Site and deliver a better and more personalized user experience. The Site does not currently recognize browser “Do Not Track” signals.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Web Beacons. Certain pages of the Site may contain web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs and pixel tags) to, among other things, help us better manage content on the Site by informing us what content is effective and compile statistics about Site usage. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on webpages. We also use web beacons in HTML email communications to help us track email response rates, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, identify when our emails are viewed and track whether our emails are forwarded. We do not tie the information gathered by web beacons to your personal information and they cannot be used to identify you.
Sharing of Information
We may share and disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We do not share personal information with any third parties other than as necessary for third parties to perform services on our behalf. However, such third parties are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of personal information and are not authorized to use personal information for any purpose other than providing those services.
We may release personal information we have collected when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing the Site and applicable laws, or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site. We also reserve the right to share, assign, or transfer your personal information to any of our affiliates or in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Retention of Information
Information from Children
We do not collect or maintain information from those actually known to be under the age of 13, and no part of the Site is structured to attract anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected or received personal information from a visitor under the age of 13, we will delete the information from our records.
The Site and the services upon which the Site is hosted are located in the United States. Personal information you submit using the Site will be transferred to and stored in the United States. By visiting the Site and submitting personal information, you acknowledge that you are transferring your information to the United States and authorize processing your information in the United States and other jurisdictions that may provide less privacy protection than where you are located.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems and maintain safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, alteration and destruction. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using industry-standard SSL technology. Your personal information is transmitted using an encryption algorithm that only we can decode. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
We use a third-party service provider for credit card processing, with which we maintain a written agreement to ensure appropriate security and confidentiality measures are in place to safeguard your personal information. The third-party service provider that we use to process your payments is Authorize.net, http://www.authorize.net, and the personal data that you provide relevant to payment processing is subject to Authorize.net’s security and privacy policies http://www.authorize.net/solutions/merchantsolutions/merchantservices/security/. Authorize.net is a validated Level 1 PCI DSS compliant service.
Links to Other Sites